SLEEPING IN RIFUGIO HUTS (Mountain Huts): For those who wish to get away from the rat race, this is your ideal MTB holiday sleeping in mountain refuges. Awake to striking white rock dolomite towers protecting you from the stunning sunrise.
Rifugio is the Italian term for Mountain Refuge, which are scattered all over the Dolomites. They mainly sit at high altitude and many once served as refuge to both Italian and Austro-Hungarian military in the World Wars. These are a true mountain experience giving you the pleasure of incredible sunsets and sunrises whilst enjoying great food and a fireplace if needed!
We will take care of your luggage, picking it up every morning and transferring to your next rifugio in time for your arrival in the afternoon. During the day, it will be just you, your experienced Tour Guide and your Bike
- Day 1: Pick-up from Venice Airport and Transfer to Dolomites (hotel accommodation In Predazzo)
- Day 2: departing town we shall ride the Paneveggio National Park entering Val Venegia, reaching the peak at 2200m before descending to our refuge for the evening.
- Day 3: descending through the thick pine forest and crossing suspension bridge, we make up our way to Alpe Lusia for the evening
- Day 4: descending into Moena, back to Predazzo we embark on the Latemar loop before retiring to our mountain abode
- Day 5: descending to Val di Fassa, we crossover to discover the secret beauty of Val San Nicolo and retiring at the peak
- Day 6: a fast descent into Alba di Canazei, we give you restful afternoon at the QC Terme Dolomiti (hotel)
- Day 7: the hardest ride of the tour, the Queen - the mightly Sellaronda, return to hotel, final supper!
- Day 8: End of Tour, transfer to Venice Airport
NATURE, FOOD, CULTURE
Each and every ride is a story filled with chapters of moments share with the culture, nature and produce the region of Trentino and the Dolomites provide.Our MTB tours are a combination of single track, forest trails, fire trails and downhill delight.
ESSENTIAL TOUR INFORMATION
- Pick-up: Venice International Airport
- Drop-off: Venice International Airport
- Accommodation: Single or Twin Share Room in 3/4 Star Hotels
- Total Nights: 7 (4 nights in mountain huts)
- Riding Days: 5.5 + 1 rest day
- Meals: All meals included
- Dinner: all meals will be a-la-carte, you choose the divine local food you wish to eat!
- Drinks at Dinner: water, soft drinks and 1/2 bottle of wine per person
- Tour Guide/s: for every 6-7 riding guests
- Support Van/s & Driver/s: ffor every 6-7 guests, will meat in accessible locations, transport luggage to mountainous locations
- Snacks & Drinks: the van will be equipped with water, soft drinks, electrolytes, fruit, muesli bars, fresh bread, cold meats, vegetables etc.
You can choose to bring your own, or organise a rental from us
The following activities will be included in the Tour Price:
- Cheese Tasting in Dolomites
- Sunrise and Sunset Experiences
- Lift passes to top of La Terrazza del Dolomiti
- Rock Climbing
- Geological Museum
Our standard Exclusions apply, these can be found on our Booking Terms & Conditions page
Our standard Cancellation rules apply, these can be found on our Booking Terms & Conditions page