Our favourite European Islands - the cycling paradises of Corsica and Sardinia offer cyclists some of the most diverse, challenging yet relaxing landscapes one could wish for. Hugged by gorgeous white sand coastline, the interior rugged terrains boast quiet roads to challenge oneself. The mix of cultures increase food and wine offerings to delight anyone!
With a long history of ever-changing ownership, these islands have reminiscence of Greek, Italian, Egyptian and French occupation. This is reflected in the architecture, town names and cuisine. Pack your swimmers and enjoy these 'Cycling Paradises'!
Corsica is an island in the Mediterranean Sea belonging to France. It is located west of the Italian Peninsula, southeast of the French mainland, and north of the Italian island of Sardinia. Mountains make up two-thirds of the island, forming a single chain.
Sardinia is the second largest island in the Mediterranean Sea (after Sicily and before Cyprus) and an autonomous region of Italy.
The Strait of Bonifacio is directly north of Sardinia and separates Sardinia from the French island of Corsica.
We reccommend June and September to travel these islands - avoiding peak tourist time and the heat!
ITINERARY 1 : less climbing
- Day 1: Arrive in Cagliari - Bike Fits, Briefing and Easy Ride
- Day 2: Ride to Portu Maga (90km) on the Costa Verde
- Day 3: Ride to S'Archittu (78km)
- Day 4: Ride to Bosa for coffee/snack, then continue along the coast to Alghero (82km) - 2 nights in Alghero
- Day 5: Ride to Capo Caccia (62km) and enjoy an afternoon sailing experience along the coast of Alghero
- Day 6: Ride to Isola Rossa (98km)
- Day 7: Rest Day - afternoon ferry to Bonifacio (Corsica)
- Day 8: Ride to Col de Bavella (70km) - evening in Zonza
- Day 9: Ride to Ajaccio (85km) - 3 nights In Ajaccio
- Day 10: Tour de la Parata (65km)
- Day 11: Ride to peak of Val d' Ese (1615m) and return (100km) OR Ride to Col de Vergio (1477m) and transfer back
- Day 12: End of tour, transfer to Ajaccio Airport
ITINERARY 2: MORE CLIMBING IN CORSICA
- Day 1: Arrive in Olbia- Bike Fits, Briefing and Easy Ride to Tula (50km)
- Day 2: Ride to to Alghero (75km) - 2 nights in Alghero
- Day 3: Ride to Capo Caccia (62km) and enjoy an afternoon sailing experience along the coast of Alghero
- Day 4: Ride to Santa Teresa Gallura - afternoon ferry to Bonifacio (Corsica)
- Day 5: Ride to Col de Bavella (70km) - evening in Zonza
- Day 6: Ride to Ajaccio (85km) - 3 nights In Ajaccio
- Day 7: Rest Day in Ajaccio or Tour de la Parata (65km)
- Day 8: Ride to peak of Val d' Ese (1615m) to Vivario (100km)
- Day 9: Ride to Bergeries de Grottelle (1380m) and hotel near Corte (60km)
- Day 10: Ride Col de Vergio (1477m) and return
- Day 11: End of tour, transfer to Bastia Airport
ESSENTIAL TOUR INFORMATION
- Minumum: 6 guests
- Maximum: 7 guests
- Pick-up: Cagliari or Olbia Airport, Sardinia
- Drop-off: Ajaccio or Bastia Airport, Corsica
- Accommodation: Single Room or Double / Twin Accommodation in 3/4 Star Hotels
- Total Nights in Hotel: 10, Total Days 11
- Meals: all meals included
- Dinner: all meals are a-la-carte in in 5 Star and Michelin rated restaurants
- Drinks at Dinner: water, soft drinks and 1/2 bottle of wine per person
- Tour Guide/s: for every 8-10 riding guests
- Support Van/s & Driver/s: for every 8-10 riding guests, carrying sprare tubes, tools, pump etc.
- Snacks & Drinks: the van will be equipped with water, soft drinks, electrolytes, fruit, muesli bars, fresh bread, cold meats, vegetables etc.
You can choose to bring your own, or make the most of one of our beautiful fleet of Pinarello's
The following activities will be included in the Tour Price:
BIKE INSURANCE OPTION (EXTRA CHARGE)
What is covered?
Any Accidental physical loss or damage to the property insured not otherwise excluded.
Including but not limited to:
• If a customer falls off bike whilst riding and damages the bike.
• If the bike his hit and damaged by a third-party vehicle.
• Theft from storage location or whilst in the direct possession of the riders.
What is not covered?
• Wear & Tear
• Unsecured/unlocked/unchained or unattended in open air.
Our standard Exclusions apply, these can be found on our Booking Terms & Conditions page
Our standard Cancellation rules apply, these can be found on our Booking Terms & Conditions page