Our favourite French Island - we also think that Corscia was created for cycling, this floating mountain allows you to depart from sea level and reach the islands highest paved road at 1609m in less than 60km. Corsica's coastline is rugged with a jagged coastline, while its internal mountains peak 2706m. Another cycling paradise to spoil yourself in!
Corsica is an island in the Mediterranean Sea belonging to France. It is located west of the Italian Peninsula, southeast of the French mainland, and north of the Italian island of Sardinia. Mountains make up two-thirds of the island, forming a single chain.
The Strait of Bonifacio can be found in the south of Corsica, seperating it from the Italian island of Sardinia, hence if you have some time on your hands, you could circumnavigate it too!
We recommend May, June, September and October to travel - avoiding peak tourist time and the heat!
ESSENTIAL TOUR INFORMATION
- Pick-up: Bastia Airport (north-east of the island)
- Drop-off: Bastia Airport
- Accommodation: Single Room or Double / Twin Accommodation in 3/4 Star Hotels
- Duration: 11 nights and days (please speak to use about 7/8 day options)
- Meals: all meals included (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Lunch: the van will be equipped with fresh food on a daily basis
- Dinner: all meals are a-la-carte
- Drinks at Dinner: water, soft drinks and 1/2 bottle of wine per person
- Tour Guide/s: for every 6 7 guests
- Support Van/s & Driver/s: for every 6 -7 riding guests, carrying sprare tubes, tools, pump etc.
- Snacks & Drinks: the van will be equipped with water, soft drinks, electrolytes, fruit, muesli bars, fresh bread, cold meats, vegetables etc.
- The price noted is only an indication, we allow you to customise your price based on hotel stars and room types
- Corsica has good 3 Star hotels, better 4+ Star hotels, we can assist in choosing those to meet a specific budget
- Meals can be either included, partially included or excluded
- Please speak to us more about these options as part of our FLEXIBILITY promise
brief itinerary: can be modified to suit fitness level of group
If you cannot do the full 12 Day Tour, please contact us for the East Coast or West Coast Week options!
- Day 1: Pick-up Bastia Airport - hotel check-in, briefing, bike fits, easy ride.
- Day 2: Bastia > Cap Corse > Pino (70km)
- Day 3: Pino > L'Île-Rousse (90km)
- Day 4: L'Île-Rousse > Piana (96km)
- Day 5: Piana > Ajaccio (70km)
- Day 6: Ajaccio > Val d'Ese (100km)
- Day 7: Ajaccio > Bonifacio (120km )
- Day 8: Bonifacio Rest Day
- Day 9: Bonfifacio > Col de Bavella > Solenzara (100km)
- Day 10: Solenzara > Pianello (80km )
- Day 11: Pianello > Bastia (90km)
- Day 12: Transfer to Bastia Airport
You can choose to bring your own, or make the most of one of our beautiful fleet of Pinarello's
The following activities will be included in the Tour Price:
- Sailing: afternoon sailing trip
- Wine Tasting
- Cave Visits
- Pinarello Bike (no extra charge)
- Bike Insurance (only for bikes in our fleet)
- Tour Program including Maps, Profiles, Graphs and Statistics for every day and all major climbs
- Transfers to and from Airport on dedicated days as per the itinerary
- Custom Castelli Kit (summer knicks and jersey)
- Day Bag for carrying jackets, arm warmers etc.
- Laundry Bag (Laundry service is included and performed every 2/3 days)
Our standard Exclusions apply, these can be found on our Booking Terms & Conditions page
Our standard Cancellation rules apply, these can be found on our Booking Terms & Conditions page